NPA SPORT & FITNESS LEVEL 5
This course is led by Edinburgh College. College instructor: Jonny Kay.
Currently all work for this course will be posted on Microsoft Teams by Miss Grant on Thursday: Click on the link to access Teams:
The main aims of the award are to:
- provide you with an introductory insight and knowledge of the sport and fitness industry.
- allow you the opportunity to develop an educational path to higher level study in sport and fitness.
- build your confidence and learning skills.
- develop your employable skills, such as; Teamwork, Communication, IT, Problem Solving, Timekeeping and Leadership.
The mandatory units within the award will provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding to:
- describe the roles and functions of a physical activity leader.
- consider legal and ethical considerations within sport and fitness provision.
- use communication and leadership styles required to conduct activity sessions.
- lead physical activity sessions.
- plan, implement and review activity sessions as part of a team.
- describe the anatomical and physiological components of the major body systems and the long term effects that exercise has on them.
- use a computer and electronic software packages effectively.
- identify the key elements of nutrition and a healthy, balanced diet.
- understand the effects of substance use on the individual.
- identify stress and use exercise to relieve stress.