Purpose and Aims of the Course
The purpose of the Course is to provide a broad practical experience of art and design and related critical activity. The Course provides opportunities for learners to be inspired by experimenting with how they can visually represent their personal thoughts and ideas and create imaginative expressive and design work. In the Course, learners will experiment with using art and design materials, techniques and/or technology in creative and expressive ways. They will develop their critical thinking skills as they develop and produce their own creative work and develop their understanding of art and design practice.
The aims of the Course are to enable learners to:
- communicate personal thoughts, feelings and ideas through the imaginative use of art and design materials, techniques and/or technology
- develop knowledge and understanding of art and design practice
- plan, develop, produce and present creative art and design work
- develop understanding of the social and cultural influences on artists and designers and their work
- develop problem solving, critical thinking and reflective practice skills
Link to course page on SQA website here.