How can I support my learner?
WHAT WILL I NEED?
You will need the following:
- A bilingual dictionary
- A folder/ring-binder for filing work
WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING AT HOME?
- You should revise all vocabulary and grammar points covered in class on Quizlet.
- You should try to access the language as much as possible – this can be done through online radio and television, MFL DVDs, English DVDs with MFL subtitles and MFL publications
- You should access www.linguascope.com for revision of vocabulary (see teacher for password)
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LEARN VOCABULARLY?
Different people learn in different ways so you need to find the way which works best for you. Here are some ideas:
- Write the word down again and again until you know it
- Cover the English/MFL translation and test yourself
- Ask a family member or friend to test you
- Record the words on your Ipad/phone and keep listening to them until you know them
- Make a quiz for yourself – write down each word in MFL on a piece of paper/post-it note and each English translation on another. Test yourself by matching the words.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES FOR LANGUAGE LEARNING?
USEFUL WEBSITES AND TV CHANNELS
|General Revision||www.languagesonline.org.uk www.bbc.co.uk/languages www.sunderlandschools.org./mfl-sunderland www.zut.org.uk www.maryglasgowplus.com www.linguascope.com http://radiolingua.com/tag/cbf-season-1/||www.languagesonline.org.uk www.bbc.co.uk/languages www.sunderlandschools.org./mfl-sunderland www.duolingo.com www.maryglasgowplus.com www.linguascope.com http://radiolingua.com/category/shows/coffee-break-spanish/|
|Grammar||www.frenchabout.com www.lepointdufle.net||http://www.spanishabout .com|
|TV||www.bbc.co.uk/languages/frenchTV Euronews – Virgin 620, Sky 508||http://www.telecinco.es/ Euronews – Virgin 620, Sky 508|
|Apps||Duolingo Pronounce Memrise||Duolingo Pronounce Memrise|